Loving that low carb life but find yourself missing the crunchy carb bomb that we call french fries? Well, now you can indulge that crunchy, salty craving with these gluten-free, cheesy zucchini fries! Not only do they keep you away from carbs, but the zucchini is a nutrient dense vegetable that comes with plenty of health benefits. Try them out, and let us know what you think!
PREP TIME: 10M
COOK TIME: 15M
- 1 cups / 140g freshly grated Pecorino Romano (Parmesan will also work)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 to 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee, melted
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and oregano.
- Slice the zucchinis into thin wedges; you should get about 12 pieces from each vegetable. Toss the wedges in the coconut oil to coat, then toss them in the cheese mixture, pressing the wedges into the cheese to set. Place the coated fries on the wire rack.
- Bake the zucchini fries until tender, 12 to 15 minutes, then place them under the broiler until the cheese is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately with hot sauce if desired.
Recipes provided by our partner Clean Platesfor more great tips and recipes from Clean Platesclick here. Orsign up for their free emailand get 25 free recipes today.
Trying to figure out which Healthi plan works best for you? Here's an infographic to make it easy! Whether your focus is on portion control, cutting back carbs, or reducing sugar, Healthi has a plan for you.
Ready to put your plan into action? Visithttp://bit.ly/Healthi